The key to the realization of automobile lightweight lies in the materials application. Considering that there are more and more lightweight parts, such as wheels, body, engine, etc., the materials used in different parts are not the same. For example, the safety parts and chassis are made of high-strength steel, and the support is made of magnesium alloy.
The mass of the car body accounts for 1 / 3 of the whole car, and it is the most critical module of vehicle lightweight. From the perspective of applied materials, the key to the realization of body lightweight materials are aluminum alloy, magnesium alloy and carbon fiber. Among them, carbon fiber has better performance, but the cost is very expensive. At this stage, such material is used for super running. Magnesium alloy has good flexibility, strong shock absorption, and light weight (about 40% of aluminum alloy). Magnesium alloy used on European and American vehicles is about 5 kg / car, less than 1 kg / car in China, while aluminum alloy consumption is as high as 125 kg / car. There is still room for growth, but the problem at this stage is that the price is high and the output is deficient. Only 2000 tons of magnesium output is used in the field of transportation industry (including rail transit) every year in China. The large-scale application of magnesium in automobiles has not been started. China is the largest country in magnesium mines, and there will be no difficulty in the future in output increase. If the price of magnesium alloy can decrease, it may be a new blue ocean in the future.
Compared with the former two materials, at this stage, the high performance-price ratio of aluminum alloy should be the best. Not only the strength can be compared with high strength steel, but also the advantage in weight is very obvious.
From the perspective of market scale, according to the statistical data of Huatai Securities, in 2014, the average aluminum consumption per vehicle in China was less than 110kg, while that in North America was 158kg, and that.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Clan Auto Finance pays attention: China's six will soon reach the "standard" model quickly flooded into the market
- Clan SUV talks about the global trough in the first quarter: the entire industry chain of the car "make for survival"
- Clan Custom Car Service
- Supplementary Notice of the Ministry of Finance on Printing and Distributing the Interim Measures for the Administration of Local Funds for Vehicle Purchase Tax Income Subsidy [Magnesium Aluminum Light Alloy]
- Clan four-wheel drive off-road vehicle understands the 2019 German lightweight invisible champion company China
- [Wildness Sports Car] Hörmann develops lightweight chassis for electric light commercial vehicles
- [Clan News] 2016 Lightweight ThinKing Innovation Award
- Clan Auto borrows 5G Dongfeng to focus on developing automotive lightweight technology
- Clan Automotive Micro Factory - self-service car intelligent micro factory
- Clan Auto increases the application of magnesium alloy in automobile manufacturing year by year
- Support resumption of work and production of car sector China 6 postpone
- 5g era, customized car will become real
- The guiding ideology of car lightweight is
- What are the car lightweight technologies?
- The opportunity of magnesium aluminum alloy promoted by car lightweight
- How to lose weight for a car --lightweight technology
- How to realize car lightweight technology?